Question Unanswered: MultiItem Record

Good Day,

I am trying to get the following right:
    I want have a constant purchase order number that I enter in a field and add multiple stock items to that record or PO Number.

eg: 12345 Pie
    Chips
    Gravy

Please any assistance would be appreciated.

Griphon.

Provided Answers: 59
    so what is your problem, where are you struggling.
    normally I'd expect a single entry in a PO| table, with as many rows in a sub table identifying what products are being ordered. the PO holds details about the order (name addresses and so on), the sub table details about what has been ordered
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Question Records

Hello , and thanks for the reply.

Maybe I didn't make myself very clear.
    I would ideally have 4 tables. 1.Stock Items 2.PO Numbers 3.Recieving 4.Dispatch

What I would like to accomplish is to receive/dispatch stock on existing stock codes attached to a PO number.

Thanks in advance.

well good luck with your 4 table model....

Unhappy Records

Hello,

Is that the assistance received on this site? A bit of guidance would have been great.

well it was suggested that you use a parent and child relationship between the purchase order (the stuff that is relevant to all items raised on a PO, then a child table that held all the details of items actually requested (the product the quantity, price and so on). in the Access world you'd probably use an embedded form for the PO details, embeded within the PO form.

you'd need a table for products

if this was a real world system then you'd probably want a tbael for suppliers (a table that cross references a supplier with a product and idetngfies the suppliers part number)
    you'd probably want to records GRN's in the same sort of way as PO's so you know what items have been deleivered against a PO and alo what items are outstanding

but there is no way of fitting that into your self declared 4 table requirement, hence my comment.. good luck with your 4 table design. I don't see how you meet the requirement usiing 4 tables

assistance yes..
    help yes...
    doing (especially homework) no...

Thanks

Thanks, all I needed was a bit of guidance for the initial. Not for the work to be done for me............