Unanswered: Issue with MS access database gets locked with error message

Hi Team,

I'am new to this forum, and also bit new to MS access database skill.
    I have a database which is already fully developed, I can open the database in my office hosted desktop and modify or save the database.
    To test in my personal desktop I just transferred the file, and tried to open the same.
    It will throw an error message "Work cant save design changes or save to a new database object because another user has the file open.to save your design changes or save to a new object,you must have exclusive access to the file" . After seeing the error I logged in to hosted desktop and found the ms access application and the database is closed rechecked in task manager the msaccess.exe file is closed.
    I opened the file in exclusive mode in desktop it will open but could not be saved.
    So far I feel there is no issue with the code in ms access.
    Please suggest me how this issue can be solved

Provided Answers: 59
    check to see if your laptop is opening the db as open exclusive
    its possible to hit these problems, especially with a development database if you happen to have the same form or report open more than once hidden under another window or instance of Access
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Issue with MS access database gets locked with error message

Hi,

I have not opened forms,queries or no ms access instances are created or not closed in the hosted desktop.
    After I open and close the database file in hosted desktop, Albeit (even though) there are no connections, links,queries or macro code still the database gets locked that means give error message "Work cant save design changes or save to a new database because another user has file open" in my personal pc,
    I tried opening the ms access file in exclusive mode but still same issue

Please advise me further
    Last edited by vbaccess; 11-13-13 at 05:40. Reason: word mistakes