Unanswered: Problem inserting numeric data into table.

Can you please help me?

Application: E-commerce website (classic ASP/Vbs)
    Local PC: MSSQL 2005 DB with windows 7
    2 tables: (dbo.products and dbo.basket)
    Both tables have a column named "prize" with the same data type: "numeric (18, 2)"

My problem is the following:

I am inserting with a submit form (with the INSERT INTO method) the value from the table dbo.products (column "prize") to the table dbo.basket (column "prize"). The value is "200,33". In my local database everything works absolutely perfect and the value is written correctly to the dbo.basket table as "200,33"

BUT

When I am doing the same thing to my hosting server (also MSSQL 2005 like mine), the value is not transferred correctly from one table to the other. Is multiplied X 100. For example the value 200,33 from the dbo.products, has been converted to 20.033,00 to the dbo.basket !!!!!!

Can someone please help me? What I am doing wrong? Why is this difference between my local MSSQL 2005 and my hosting MSSQL 2005?

Any help will be truly appreciated...

Provided Answers: 10
    Sounds like a problem with collation/language settings. Remember that while you might use commas to separate the integer and decimal parts of a number, other parts of the world use a period.

Considering inserting the value as "200.33" and see if that makes a difference.
    George
    Home | Blog