View Poll Results: Which databases modeling tool do you prefer among the next ?
- 0. You may not vote on this poll
Enterprise Architect (v10)
CA ERwin Data Modeler (v9)
SAP Sybase PowerDesigner (v16 - vEnterpriseArchitect)
ER/Studio (XE4 v9)
11-13-13, 05:30 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Nov 2013
Databases modeling tools - request of recommandation among four tools.
For a project, I made a first filter thank Wikipédia, with these criteria:
- The possibility to go from a modeling level to the next (conceptual -> Logical -> physical);
- The number of system with whom the tool can interact (MS SQL Server, MySQL (of preference), and possibly others);
- Is the tool multi-platefrom (Windows and Mac).
Once this done, I obtain:
- Enterprise Architect 10,
- CA ERwin Data Modeler 9,
- SAP Sybase PwerDesigner 16 EnterpriseArchitect,
- ER/Studio XE4 v9.
(I did not consider IBM InfoSphere, which seems to run on IBM materials, nor Visible Analyst, which doesn't interact with MySQL.)
-I have to read the documentation and the consumers point of view. -The documentation offers no point of comparison, and - of course - doesn't mention the negative points.
So, I would like to know your point of view - of you reader. Thank you to answer if and only if you have some experience with at least one of these products.
If you used (or even tested) several of these solutions, your advice is even greater !
This step of my work is very important, because when I'll obtain 2 products, I will have to test only these.
Thank you a lot for your cooperation.
Last edited by Oppenheimer; 11-13-13 at 05:33. Reason: orthography