Responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting enterprise Oracle databases based on business area requirements.
Identify, define, and implement database backup/recovery and security strategies. Install and support DBMS (Database Management Systems) software and tools. Perform various database activities which include monitoring, tuning, capacity planning, troubleshooting, and consulting.
• Translate a logical data model or user specifications into a physical design.
• Ensure the detailed physical design of data structures and database complies with enterprise standards, guidelines, policies, procedures, and processes. • Create physical database structures based on physical design for development, test, and production environments.
• Coordinate with system engineers to configure servers for DBMS product installation and database creation.
• Install, configure, and maintain DBMS product software on database and application servers.
• Provide consultation to application development teams on DBMS product technical issues and techniques.
• Provide on-call support for databases 7 X 24.
• Responsible for database performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery strategy. • Implement monitoring procedures to maximize availability and performance of the database, while meeting defined targets. • Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve database problems.
• Coordinate downtime with the application development teams and system engineers to implement approved changes.