Unanswered: db2 health monitor

Dear all,
    I am using db2 9.7 on AIX 7.1

health indicator db.db_backup_req is continuously giving alerts " DB backup required", But as per policy we are taking manual full backup every day.

I want to alter the setting of this indicator. It is an state based indicator and i am not able to find that after how much time/ on what factors this indicator triggers.

Please suggest
    ssumit

Provided Answers: 11
    try to monitor the db with private scripts : health center is discontinued in v10
    define your own rules, so you will have all control exactly as needed...
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

thanks przytula_guy.

but i am using version 9.7.

What this indicator measure before issuing warning in diag log, I want to change that setting.

in indicator description it is written that " db.db_backup_req" issues alert after specific time and amount of data changed. But from where to measure/change that ?
    ssumit

according the doc : This topic is part of: System Monitor Guide and Reference..
    maybe all details in that book
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

sorry but i have already gone through it ... many orhere indicators are discussed therein but not "db.db_backup_req"
    ssumit

probably related to automated backup
    check info center and how to define maintenance windows.. backups.....

is it necessary to configure auto backup ON. I am taking offline full bkp daily . i just want to know that is there any way to stop this alert coming in diag log uselessly OR that message is misleading.
    ssumit