Unanswered: DB2 Connect compatability

Hi,
    I'm trying to configure DB2 Connect on a Windows Server 2012 to access DB2 databases running on a z/VM 5.2 Mainframe, but experiencing problems with hanging and error messages referring to Disk space and Memory problems.
    I have an awful feeling that the version of DB2 Connect (7.2) is not compatible with the 64 Bit OS of the Windows Server 2012.
    Is anyone able to advise if this is the case, and if so, what is the lowest version that will resolve the problems I'm having.
    I've searched the IBM web site to try and answer this, but all I can find is references to the latest version (9.7) and OS required for that and some information on 10.1.
    All help would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks
    Neil

Provided Answers: 1
    DB2 V7.2, including DB2 Connect, is not supported since 2004, so one might suspect it may not have been tested with Windows Server 2012. As to how to resolve your problems, it's hard to give any specific advice since you have not included much detail. In my experience some disk space problems can be solved by removing unnecessary files or installing larger disks.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Apologies, I should have elaborated. When I get the error messages referring to Disk shortage and Memory problems, I am following the guidelines supplied by the Help option. But disk availability isn't a problem (47G unused) and this is the only software program running so memory usage shouldn't be a problem either.
    I can't phone IBM for support because as you say, our current version is unsupported and the reason we haven't upgraded in the past is because we run a fairly unique set up on our Mainframe, and later versions failed to work due to a reliance on stored procedures. Even IBM struggled to resolve the issue and so we stayed as we were.
    It is only now that it has become a problem as we are embarking on a project to replace the Mainframe, and data extraction is on the list of things to do. I feared this lack of upgrading would catch up with the company and it seems it now has.
    I appreciate your reply.
    Neil