Question Unanswered: Prefill Continuous Form

Hello guys,

I have a main form that opens continuous form on button click. I was wondering is there any way to prefill continuous form on click without using Currentdb.Execute "INSERT..." statement?

Thank you.

Hi David,

If you were using a single INSERT statement, why not use a SELECT query as recordsource?

I need 4 entries to magically appear in continuous form when i click add button on main form. I know how to do it with insert statement, was wondering if there is easier solution that continuous form can offer...

If you don't want to physically modify data (INSERT statements), you are left with queries and recordsets. I would suggest to try some tricks with queries with parameteres - on that button click pass parameter to query that would include those new records... or swap the query entirely. If you cannot build a query with those records, you can always assign a recordset as form recordsource and modify it by VBA, but that would be too much of a hassle.

Provided Answers: 59
    there is another way which would be to type the 4 magic rows yourself, although its time consuming and prone to errors. so personally I'd fall back on the insert option. its quicker, more reliable and less error prone. its also very very easy
    Code:
    strSQL "INSERT INTO mytable (my,column,list) VALUES (1,'blah',#2013/11/25#)"
    docmd.runsql (strSQL)
    strSQL "INSERT INTO mytable (my,column,list) VALUES (2,'oops',#2013/11/24#)"
    docmd.runsql (strSQL)
    strSQL "INSERT INTO mytable (my,column,list) VALUES (4,'verdammte',#2013/11/21#)"
    docmd.runsql (strSQL)
    you might have to requery the subform to make certain the rows are seen
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton