Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unanswered: how to pass data from one form to another

okay so am new to brilliant database and I have the following
    in the first form I have a field where I can choose COMPANY NAME
    and many other fields that I should fill up such as quantity price and so on
    I also have a button that says issue invoice
    when I press this button a new form opens
    in this form I want the company name [selected in form one ] to be shown plus the price and the quantity
    [ for each company the price and quantity are different ]

please help me
    I rly need help am stuck

It would be nice to be able to do this easily....

When you say open new form with the fields filled in, do you mean a report to print, or a new data entry form?

Am I missing something, or didn't "rly need help"?

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello
    I would normally set a global variable to required field value with a script triggered by select form or comfirm edit of form (or use both). This value is then available to any other form. Attach script to your button to set a field to this global as well as any other needed actions.
    Not sure as to how you have set up price/quantity but often can use lookups or query/global variable.
    I would recomend any BD user to master the "for each record" cycle as this is a very useful function to manipulate data. You must always ask yourself how will BD "know" which record to act on - the above cycle is often the key to this.
    Regards
    David

David's advice above is invaluable. How does the database know which record to act on is something I need to remember, and will solve many of my script errors. Thank you!

This problem can be solve using simple relational field which can link to another forms in the database. This is a little bit tricky, but you just need to understand how it works
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mcmichael; 02-02-14 at 18:34.

Please check the sample database file.

I can not get the downloaded files to open. they download and unzip fine, but give an error message of invalid header. tried several combinations of browers and unzippers without luck. using BD 9.42 Pro. I have had this issue before and using Chrome to download the files was a workaround for me. but that no longer works...... I hope its not the version i'm using. not really ready to upgrade at this point in time

Unfortunately, it is your version. I had the same problem until I upgraded. It's a shame BD doesn't have a "save as" previous version option.
    Don

PS Below is my simple interpretation of what was needed. Maybe I made it too complicated.

Just got zip working...MyDB2.zip
    Last edited by donaldp; 02-03-14 at 16:46. Reason: add zip file

Just try downloading the trial version of v10.54B and see how it works

yea......its the version.

here is a VERY short video of where I would like to pass info to another form...

YouTube

I'm not a you-tuber. Do I need a password to view this or do I need to sign up to youtube? Can you download an example instead?

no accnt needed. just click the link.