Unanswered: Run SQL in read only mode through Admin id

Hello All,

I've to run select queries against a DB and I've admin privileges. So to be on the safer side I want to run the queries always in read only mode.
    Is there a way to set the session in read only mode and then run the queries?

I am using Toad for DB2 and for the time being no new id can be created with read only mode and hence this query.

Provided Answers: 11
    a query of type type select .. (without for update of..) is always read only
    you mean locking level ?
    select * .... with ur would not lock and other application, if this is what you mean..
    the message is : be more specific and we do not have to guess what you are meaning..
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified

Yes, I know Select queries are read only but as sometimes there is a chance that I can over the results cell, click them for copying etc.. and may change those values by accident, which might be saved and hence cause issues.
    Just to make sure those accidents never get saved, I wanted to know if any such thing exists either through DB command or through some settings in Toad which will prevent these accidents.