Unanswered: Incremental backup on db2

DB2 environment: DB2 on AIX 9.7, Multipartitioned environment.

I am trying to run an incremental backup on the database but it is failing with an error saying that a tablespace needs to have a full backup. I backed up the tablespace and restarted the incremental backup, it fails again saying another tablespace needs to have a full backup.

Is there any way to check what all tablespaces needs to have a full backup before I can take an incremental backup on the database ?

In 10.5 I believe there is some sysibmadm view with name trackmode...... Is there any similar table function in V9.7 which does the same job ?

Not sure this is an answer or not, but in the past what we did was turn trackmode (sounds like that was already done), then took a full backup of entire db, then started incrementals. We normally do a full every week or two anyway just so speed up recovery. With snapshot backups they are not nearly as painful as they used to be. You will need the full anyway for your restore. Nice to hear 10.5 has a view for checking trackmode.

I was looking for the below one :

What's New in DB2 V9.7 FP5: Table space modification status can be checked - IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

Is there anything similar in 9.5 or 9.7 [less than FP5] with similar feature where you can track the trackmode state for each tablespace

I guess it will work..

if TRACKMOD parameter is enabled and if a table space is created after that, then a backup must be taken which contains that table space. This backup could be either a database backup or a table space backup.So please check all the table spaces created after your full backup.

$ db2 "select TBSPACE,CREATE_TIME from syscat.tablespaces"

Thanks,R J