Question Unanswered: Error loading DAO360.dll

I'm using Access 2010 and for some reason I get an error trying to load DAO360.dll. When I go to references it thinks the dll is in my documents folder instead of in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\DAO\DAO360.dll".

I tried running Regsvr32 to register it, but it still doesn't load. Checked out the internet and found where Microsoft support was logging in and changing the registry information.

Is there another solution because I'm reluctant to pay for Microsoft to fix their own issues.

is there another dll I can use that allows me to do DAO processing?

DAO is very obsolete, and it works only with Access DB version 2002-2003, and previous, of course.

Starting Access 2007 DB format and next releases you must use:
    - Microsoft Access Data Object 2.8 (ADO)
    - Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 (see Microsoft downloads)

Take note that the provider Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 isn't pre-installed, so
    if you distribute your program to customers or firends, then ACE.OLEDB must be deployed (of course, only if target computer hasn't Access 2007/2010/2013 already installed).

DAO 3.60 work only for database Access 2000 and previous versions.

For 2007 versions need to use thisprovider on connection string:
    Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0

You can get it from Microsoft download page:
    Download 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from Official Microsoft Download Center
    Download 2007 Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components from Official Microsoft Download Center

Of course, need to install only if Office 2007 or above has not installed.