Provided Answers: 18

Unanswered: lparstat vs db2diag on #Cores and #RAM

Environment is single-partition db2 v9.7 on AIX 7.1 (no dpf).

My question concerns the db2 optimizer - does it get #ram size and number of cores from the hardware information, or from the current lpar configuration (Maximum Virtual CPUs * number of cores per CPU), or (Online Virtual CPUs * number of cores per CPU), and the same for the amount of ram available.

I ask because there's a big difference between the information provided by lparstat -i and the information presented in db2diag.log upon instance-start. The same is true for the physical memory information - db2diag.log thinks there's many more CPU cores and significantly higher RAM than is actually configured for the lpar (desired/capped) .

Quote Originally Posted by db2mor View Post
    Environment is single-partition db2 v9.7 on AIX 7.1 (no dpf).

My question concerns the db2 optimizer - does it get #ram size and number of cores from the hardware information, or from the current lpar configuration (Maximum Virtual CPUs * number of cores per CPU), or (Online Virtual CPUs * number of cores per CPU), and the same for the amount of ram available.

I ask because there's a big difference between the information provided by lparstat -i and the information presented in db2diag.log upon instance-start. The same is true for the physical memory information - db2diag.log thinks there's many more CPU cores and significantly higher RAM than is actually configured for the lpar (desired/capped) .
    hi, could you plz give the output of lparstat -i and db2pd -osinfo.
    Maybe the output of db2pd -osinfo is the right infomation for db2 optimizer.