Unanswered: ORDINAL_POSITION not found

Hello,

I'm using MS Import Export Data tool. I'm going from Pervasive v9 to Sql Server. I getting the following error " The column attribute ORDINAL_POSITION is not valid.

Through Pervasive Control Center I have executed the stored procedure to see the metadata for the table I'm trying to export. 'ORDINAL_POSITION' is not present.

The ProviderDescriptor.xml file that the MS Import Export Data tool uses indicates the ORDINAL_POSITION should be there:
    OrdinalPositionColumnName="ORDINAL_POSITION"

It looks like ORDINAL_POSITION was never implemented in my version of PSQL. Can I still export all the data?

Please help.

Provided Answers: 4
    A quick search found this:
    SQL Server Import Export Wizard fails while trying to retrieve the data from Pervasive Database - Data Access Technologies - Site Home - MSDN Blogs
    DOn't know if it'll help or give you an idea. A better option would be to upgrade to PSQL v11. It's the current version and probably works better than a version of PSQL that was last updated in 2008 and went unsupported in 2010.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

is ORDINAL_POSITION field in pervasive 9 tables

I have read that msdn post and it did clear up some problems. But my main question is should there be a ORDINAL_POSITION in my Pervasive table that I'm trying to export. When I run the system stored procedure in pervasive to see the metadata there does not seem to be a ORDINAL_POSITION field. Is it there and I cannot see it?

I cannot upgrade because the Pervasive V9 is tied into my accounting system, and I would have to upgrade the accounting system to upgrade to v11.

Provided Answers: 4
    No, ORDINAL_POSITION should not be a field in your database. It's a property of the ODBC metadata and should be returned as part of the System.Data.ODBC DBConnection.GetSchema call from within the Import Export Tool.

You can use ODBC Test or C#/VB.NET to simulate what the Tool is doing. In ODBC Test, you would issue a SQLColumns call. On my test system running v11, I see an ORDINAL_POSITION data returned by that call. You could also make a call to GetSchema from a C# / VB.NET program pointing to your table.

If ORDINAL_POSITION is not there, you'll need to talk to Microsoft about fixing their tool to work when ORDINAL_POSITION isn't available. EIther that or you'll need to look at other options.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.