I have some questions about DBAs and Modelers

I'm a entry level employee for a company that makes database tools and I'm trying to understand more about the day to day operations of DBAs, Database Developers, and Data Modelers/Architects.

I was hoping I could ask someone knowledgeable a few questions. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out or point me towards someone who could.

Thanks for your help, I look forward to hearing from you!

In front of the computer
    Feel free to ask away!

To give you a "nickel synopsis" mapping data workers to conventional building trades:

Data Worker              Building Trade
    ----------------------   -----------------------
    Data Modeler/Architect   Architect or Engineer
    Database Developer       Construction Worker
    Database Administrator   Building Superintendant
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks Pat!

I've just got some general questions for anyone who might stumble upon this thread and feels like helping a poor shlub out. Namely:

In your area of expertise what are the 3 most challenging things you deal with, on a day to day or just in general?

What people, roles, or divisions are the most rewarding to work with? Who is a pain?

What are the most annoying things about your job that you have to deal with that you wish you could fix or change?

I have some more questions but I don't want to bog anybody down. I'd love to get a "day in the life" if anyone is interested.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it!