Unanswered: Tab control with data

Hello,
    I have created a tab control in a form. This form has a combo box that displays data according to the selected field. Only the first tab works with this combo box. How can I make the other 2 tabs link to the combo box so that the appropriate data is shown based on the option in the combo box?

Provided Answers: 14
    You don't provide enough information to receive a useful answer. What code do you use in your form and how is it organized?

A tab control is a container made to gather several controls in one layer (or page). It''s not "data aware", i.e. it cannot be bound (= it has no ControlSource property). Bound controls (TextBox, OptionGroups, ...) should respond to a change in the rowset, whether they are members of a TabContol page or not.
    Have a nice day!

Provided Answers: 19
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndho View Post

You don't provide enough information to receive a useful answer. What code do you use in your form and how is it organized?
    We especially need to know whether the Pages of the Tabbed Control hold Subforms of the Form the Combobox is on, or whether the Controls on the Pages are all Bound to a single RecordSource. This makes a huge difference in how we respond.

Linq ;0)>
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007