Unanswered: Retrieve Active Directory Groups and associated Users in MS Access 2007
As a beginner with Access, I have spent a lot of time searching this issue but cannot find an answer that works... So I am hoping that by posting my request, your great minds will definitely help me out...!!!!
I browsed a lot on "how to display Active Directory information in MS Access". Unfortunately, with each helping URL pointing to the other. I'm totally ended-up with NOTHING that works for the past 3 weeks.
Tech GURUS, kindly shower some mercy and help me please...
Access Database attached
Table “Unique_ADgroup” contains the specific ADGroups I need to lookup from the Active directory
Extract “cn” (which holds the AD group name) and “member” (contains the UserIDs) from the Active Directory.
Note: Data in Table “Unique_ADgroup” will be the input for “cn” in AD
• In the attached DB’s form “MainForm”, click button “Create Table for Exporting on ADGroup Names”
• The VBA script should fetch the “cn”, “member” info from the AD for the specific ADgroups
Before experimenting the results in Access, I used a tool called JXplorer to check if the ADgroup is displaying the users associated to the group. The screenshot displays the results.
Progress till now on VBA:
• Post googling, I referred a bunch of VBA codes which had a closest match to my requirement.
• In Access when I clicked the button, the system displays the following error:
• Surprisingly, the system is not prompting the UserName and Password to log into the AD.
I just hope not to have missed some parameters.
Someone Please please review the code in the attached DB and kindly help me.
This is a deliverable, I need to complete before end of tomorrow and demo it to the client by evening.