Job Title: Sr. Programmer/Analyst role; Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ area
Project Type - This is a contract position. Initial project term is 6-8 months, with potential for project extensions further into 2014 and beyond.
Project Group - This position will support the Global IT (GIT) organization and our client’s manufacturing business units
Position Location - Candidate's primary work location will be at the Scottsdale, AZ client location.
Qualified Candidates –
· Must have a minimum of 2 years of progressive experience with manufacturing systems experience, with a concentrated focus on providing systems related support of the PROMIS MES.
· Qualified candidates will have prior industry experience and strong communication skills
Additional Qualifications - Will include prior work experience in regulated environments
Candidate Availability - Candidates should be available for immediate consideration and potential project start
Interview Process - Will include an initial 30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager, next steps to include 60 min on-site interview (if local/regional), or 60 min 2nd phone/skype interview (if not local/regional) with client hiring manager and other team members.
Interview Schedule - First round interviews expected to begin asap
Client’s Global IT Organization (GIT) is looking for a Programmer/Analyst to support the Manufacturing business unit and its related applications, Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES). This role is responsible for the support, issue resolution and documentation of systems and work processes as well as design and development of new ones.
- Maintain and support the PROMIS MES system and related applications and interfaces
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to the PROMIS MES
- Support IT group activities
- Identifies reporting needs and documents requirements, routinely reviews MES status reports to verify accuracy
- Works closely with all operating groups to identify potential systems enhancements that will improve manufacturing efficiencies
- Facilitate resolution of problems including cause to prevent re-occurrence
- Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Must have prior experience working with OpenVMS environments using DCL
- Preferred experience with FORTRAN, C, C++ and C# programming languages
- Previous experience with OO design, distributed programming principles and use of MS Visual Studio
- Understands all aspects of the software lifecycle (requirements, design, develop, test, etc.)
- Previous experience with oracle, SQL programming and reporting is very desirable
- Previous experience in the bio-medical or medical device industry is desirable
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must have demonstrated experience with engineering and manufacturing documentation
- Capable of multi-tasking to meet deadlines on multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Works well in a team environment