Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Version 10.5

Cool Unanswered: Version 10.5

Just found version 10.5 in their website!

Provided Answers: 17
    Excellent, this looks pretty darn good to me.

James

Got to say that I've been using this now non-stop since it came out. This version seems to be by far the best version of v10 so far. So much so that I will very likely stop using v9.42 entirely from now on.

I'm very impressed.

James.

They have given New provision to customize application name. But when you customize the server monitor again points to old reference Adb engine.

"Send network message" does not work and hangs the client database.

Quote Originally Posted by asokram View Post
    They have given New provision to customize application name. But when you customize the server monitor again points to old reference Adb engine.
    I've completely stopped using Server Monitor because there are other tools that can do far more than Server Monitor.

For example, check out ProcessAlive.

It does all the same things server monitor does, only it will work with many progarms on the same PC at the same time, and if someone reboots the server, it will relaunch everything.

ProcessAlive Automatically restart crashed programs | SingularLabs

My software uptime has been almost 100% since using this simple tool.

Regards
    James

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    I've completely stopped using Server Monitor because there are other tools that can do far more than Server Monitor.

For example, check out ProcessAlive.

It does all the same things server monitor does, only it will work with many progarms on the same PC at the same time, and if someone reboots the server, it will relaunch everything.

ProcessAlive Automatically restart crashed programs | SingularLabs

My software uptime has been almost 100% since using this simple tool.

Regards
    James
    Thank you James.
    Were you able to monitor two brilliant database programs at the same time with ProcessAlive?

Yes, absolutely.
    I'm using it to monitor 8 programs in one factory.

Regards
    James

PS. With ProcessAlive, make sure you use the option to “Save List to File” otherwise you may run into problems if the computer is rebooted.

Also, for databases you want to auto share and login to with passwords and user names, you can enter all that information directly into ProcessAlive also.

For example.

Press the + button and navigate to the exe file of the brilliant database program you want to monitor.

At this point you have the option to setup a Command Line Argument. The standard Command Line information you always use can be entered into this field.

For example, here's a common one.

-user:admin# -password:123456# -share -port:6424 c:\Path\To\My\Database\file.bbd

One last note, I noticed that Brilliant Database have released another build of v10.5. Build #05700 is now the latest so they must have fixed something else since it's launch a few days go.

Regards
    James
    Last edited by Tubbritt; 12-22-13 at 08:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    PS.

One last note, I noticed that Brilliant Database have released another build of v10.5. Build #05700 is now the latest so they must have fixed something else since it's launch a few days go.

Regards
    James
    Thank you.
    Even the new build did not address the server monitor issue!

Provided Answers: 2

Let's give a try

Download it!

I bought the Brilliant Database Professional earlier this year and since upgrades are free for one year and based on the positive reviews, I am ready to get the latest version of Brilliant Database. My question is: If I have a project that I did in V9.42 how do I go about bringing that project to the newest V10.5? Do I simply open up the project normally when I obtain the newest version or are other procedures required?
    Thanks,
    Daryl G
    Daryl G

Piece of cake

As simple as that my friend. Just keep a backup of your older version in a safe place in case that you need it in the future.

spyroot,
    Well, I tried what you said and... that was an amazingly smooth transition from version 9.42 to 10.5! Yes, I already have a firm backup from March of this year. I just contacted BD for a new key. If all forums were as helpful as the people that frequent this board, this world would be a much better, happier, and productive place! Thanks for your help.
    Daryl G
    Daryl G

I rather wish that all people around the world should help each other.
    Best wishes

Happy New Year to ALL.