My client in the software industry has an immediate need for a Java/J2EE engineer

Location: Redwood City, CA (Remote Possibility for Excellent, Non-Local Candidates)
Duration: Full time permanent position
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: DOE

SUMMARY •My client is the market leader and visionary in gamification.
•Powering the Engaged Enterprise, my client enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners.
•My Client's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI.
•My client's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro.
•Based in Silicon Valley, my client's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures.
•My client is seeking world-class Software Engineers to develop Nitro, the industry-leading flexible and massively scalable gamification platform.
•If you are passionate about building engaging and reliable high-traffic user experiences on modern application frameworks, send us your resume.
•The Nitro platform is a high performance and a highly scalable platform used by millions of users every day.
•It is built on Java/J2EE technology and is accessible via a RESTful API.
•You will be working with a dedicated and passionate team of people.
•Code quality/maintainability, high scalability, high availability and a keen sense of humor are of prime importance to us.

RESPONSIBILITIES •Build gamification functionality and services on the cloud in an Agile/Scrum test-driven development environment
•Architect and design major components of the Nitro infrastructure and continue to improve them with the goal to maximize scalability, performance and availability
•Work closely with Product Management and QA and continue delivering world-class products on schedule

REQUIREMENTS •BS+ in Computer Science
•Expertise architecting a highly scalable REST API with Java/J2EE components
•Desire to work on a highly scalable and available system used by millions of users daily
•Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
•Self-motivated, pro-active, curious, responsible and flexible
•Get-it-done attitude

NICE TO HAVE •Design and implement Business Intelligence and Big Data infrastructure to power Nitro Analytics
•Familiarity with one or more of: Python, PHP, Ruby
•Proficiency with relational databases and NoSql technologies like MySql, Mongo, Redis

We offer a competitive salary, 401(k) and full medical, dental and vision coverage.