Question Unanswered: Unable to open Configuration manager

I am getting this error when i clicked on configuration manager.

"Cannot connect to WMI provider. You do not have permissions or the server is unreachable. Note that you can only manage SQL server 2005 and later servers with configuration manager only."

I request some one to help..

Provided Answers: 54
    When you clicked on Configuration Manager, was it on the machine that you are trying to configure? If not, that opens another large group of questions.

Think about the Active Directory (or Windows) login that you're using to run Configuration Manager... Is that login a member of the Administrators group on the machine that is running the SQL Server that you are trying to configure?

Describe what has happened with the Windows Server in the past 90 days. Has it been working and running SQL? Was it just delivered and had software installed? Was it running another application like Exchange or SharePoint and recently converted to SQL Server?

In short, we (or at least I) need a lot more insight to be able to help you with this question.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Yes i installed sql server in my laptop itself.

i installed it 2 months back. Till the date i was able to do all sought of tasks with it. But suddenly i am unable to open configuration manager.

i am just a user to my laptop. Not administrator (since i am working for a company, i am restricted to that). Anyways even if i try to open configuration manager with administrator login, it is not getting opened.

No, my server is not upgraded from any other version. I installed sql server 2008 enterprise evaluation edition 2 months back.

My first guess would be that your evaluation period has ended. The SQL Server 2008 Evaluation Edition will only run for an evaluation period, then it stops running and requires you to purchase and install a production key.

If that isn't the case, try to connect via SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio). If that succeeds, confirm that your login has administrative access to SQL Server. If it fails, connect via sqlcmd.exe and post the entire connection attempt (don't worry, the passwords don't show when using sqlcmd.exe).

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Evaluation period is 6 months. This is only third month after installing that.

Currently i cannot access my system. I will try those things immediately when i get access to my system.

Thanks for your support.

Please:
    1. Make copies of the errorlog and errorlog.1 files
    2. Replace any sensitive information by typing over it with asterisks (do NOT delete, overtype).
    3. Zip both files.
    4. Post the zip file here.
    This should help us narrow down the problems.

-PatP

I dont have any sought of sensitive information. That's why i am posting the exact copies of error logs.
    Attached Files Attached Files

When i executed the below command and started my configuration manager, i am able to access it correctly.
    But i dont know what does this do.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared>mofcomp "C:\Program Files
    (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Shared\sqlmgmproviderxpsp2up.mof"

I'm sorry that I didn't realize that you'd responded... Your posts had been flagged as requiring moderation and I didn't get notified of that action. I just approved them.

Are you still having this problem?

-PatP

No i got out of that problem now. Now my configuration manager is working well.

How did you fix the problem?

-PatP