Unanswered: Need to move Mainframes databases to UDB

Hi,
    1.How do you move the MF databases to UDB???
    2.Any useful links
    3.Any admin/third party tools available for this

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    install db2 connect
    define a connection
    db2look to get the ddl
    recreate locally
    export/load data
    we have done this in our system - no problem
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Hi Guy,
    Appreciate if you could provide any related links, tools available for thhis..

google is good for you
    db2 connect is a product : see infocenter for details
    db2look - export are db2 luw commands and can be found in infocenter for thsi
    db2look - DB2 statistics and DDL extraction tool command
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

Hi Guy,
    Thanks a lot for the input...here is the scenario, I have 5 databases a mix of segmented and partitioned and each DB has 10 Tablespaces and each TS has 1-10 tables , all these are in mainframes.Now suppose i have moved these to db2 udb on linux. Now how do i go about in udb side...your valuable inputs please???

Thanks in advance

spoon feeding is NOT my style..
    if you are a dba (I presume) you should know how to create a database - install db2 connect - define connection - extract db2look (MF) - run db2Look locally - export all data - import all data
    this is the scenario
    For all details : see infocenter or hire me todo the job....(I am an independent consultant)

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by thayums View Post
    suppose i have moved these to db2 udb on linux. Now how do i go about in udb side
    You might be interested in this: https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/m...2-22a73685871c

PS. There's no such thing as "DB2 UDB" anymore.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.