Sr. Mainframe DB2 DBA consulting opportunity in Iselin, NJ or Charlotte, NC
My Fortune 100 Financial Services client is looking to bring on a talented individual for a 9 month DB2 DBA consulting opportunity in either Iselin, NJ or Charlotte, NC. If you feel that you would be a good fit for the role, please give me a call at 646-495-9037 or send me an email at email@example.com.
This position is for a Senior DB2 DBA Expert with the team responsible for advancing Enterprise Systems with implementing new technology, POCs, new functions and processes in the DB2 data space. This is a senior expert technical level position and requires strong interpersonal communication and influencing skills, the ability to work with the Enterprise Architecture team having physical database design experience. Will evaluate new DB2 software, utilities, understand high availably requirements and propose database solutions for Active/Query and Active/Active architectures, ability to develop data replication strategies including DB2 QREP, ability to tune and suggest performance improvements for DB2 applications and databases running on System z/mainframes using WebSphere, CICS and batch applications. Ability to assist distributed applications data access, performance tuning, DRDA, and experience with DB2 V10 or higher required.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Senior level DB2 DBA is required
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• A high level of expertise and knowledge with DB2 V10 or later versions of DB2 on z/Series is required
• Proven expertise working with IBM and third party vendor tools for DB2
• 10+ years of DB2 performance tuning, DB2 resource consumption, DB2 high availability using IBM and third party DB2 tools (online / deferred reorgs, "well behaved transactions", DRDA, and high availability concepts of Active/Query and Active/Active data center strategies)
• Proven expertise in DB2 utilities (Load, Check Data, Reorgs, Runstats, Copy, and Restore)
• Expert knowledge in utilizing OMEGAMON to monitor, analyze and optimize the performance of DB2 on z/OS applications online in real time and in batch reports.
• Strong experience in COBOL assembler environment including CICS with JCL on z/OS
• Ability to troubleshoot DB2 application and performance problems and represent as technical expert for DB2 on behalf of Tech Strategy & Enterprise Architecture DBA team
• Proven experience in mentoring, leading, and executing significant installs of DB2 for a large company is required.
• Ability to work as required to provide support and troubleshooting is required
• Bachelor Degree in MIS, Computer Science or relevant experience
• 10+ years of DB2 DBA experience
• Strong experience in COBOL Assembler environment including CICS
• 8 + years of z/OS and JCL experience
• Strong communication skills
• Strong experience installing DB2 to the mainframe
• A solid understanding of server-side application design/architecture
• Strong DB2 administration experience
• Strong experience with z/OS, networking and capacity/performance management
• Experience developing DB2 applications using COBOL