Unanswered: Time and billing changes

Salutations to the Intelligent;

I understand the basics of the database I am using but have no formal training in code or programming.

I am using an office template for Access 2010 called "desktop services" available from office.com

I have modified it to act as a quote and invoicing platform for my contracting services as an instructor of safety courses and mobile equipment operator training certification. (The Background!)

The database (as tweaked) operates exactly as I need it to with the annoying exception that the weekly,monthly, yearly sales reports will accrue and print as expected as long as the invoices are not "marked paid" as soon as the invoices are marked as paid then they disappear and the database shows no amounts for any of the reports. I find this to be intuitively reversed from my desires as I need to track my income AFTER I have been paid rather than as it is pending.

Now to the question; Would there be anyone who would be willing to walk me through locating the code or table that the database accesses to tabulate the sales and assist me in reversing its macro to display the calculated sales AFTER they have been marked paid?

I would truly appreciate the assistance and acknowledge the smarts and skills that this requires and that I do not possess!!

Thanks.

Access 2010 "Desktop Services" database problem

I am using the "Desktop Services" database found on office.com for my quotes and invoicing needs. The database works exactly as desired with the exception of the quarterly, monthly, yearly sales report function. The database will display the accrued sales as long as they are not submitted for payment but unpaid. As soon as they are "marked paid" the record deletes them and no longer displays the totals in any of the categories. This is counterintuitive as I want them to show my total income for each category AFTER I have received payment for the services.

Can I ask for some assistance to reverse this so that the totals remain accruing even after they have been marked paid?

I am not proficient at code or programming but I can follow orders and do understand how the database works on a superficial level.
    I am happy to answer any further questions to help determine a way to assist me.

Thank you in advance.

Provided Answers: 59
    unless you can provide specific problems/questions and the data / code you are struggling with Im not certain you will get much of a response. Im certainly not going to go trawling round the internet to track down files and download them seemingly because you can't be bothered. people will help but you have to make it easy for them to help you with your problem
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Provided Answers: 54
    I'm going to move your thread from the New Members forum to the Microsoft Access forum. It ought to get more appropriate responses there!

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

threads merged

examine the query for the reports
    Im guessing there is probably a filter which excludes items that are piad. however if that report is set up as invoices outstanding then thats as it shoudl be

perhaps what you need is an invoices paid report
    create your query that extracts the data as required
    for now dont worry about refinements, just create a query with al lthe columns you need
    return all invoices for a specified period
    layout your report

refinement No1
    create a form with a command button to open every report that requires this date banding
    place two controls, called say fromdate and todate, set the format to date (that should then put a date picker control adjacent)

for each command button use the build event, properties, right click, other/event on click
    add code

use the docmd macro to open a report (docmd.openreport)

lets assume your controls were called fromdate and todate
    Code:
    dim strWhereClause as strinjg 'the where clause in the openreport macro is liek a SQL WHERE clause except it doenst' use the WHERE word

strWhereClause = "mydatecolumn >= #" & format (fromdate, "yyyy/mm/dd") & "# AND "
    strWhereClause = strWhereClause  & "mydatecolumn >= #" & format (todate, , "yyyy/mm/dd") & "#"
    docmd.openreport ("yourreportname", acviewpreview, , strWhereClause)
    refinement No2
    instead of specifying acpreview, have some other cotnrols ont he form which define what type of view you want.