Unanswered: Calculated value invisible until been clicked

We are running Access 2010 runtime on Server 2008 R2 with both FE and BE on it. Each user has own FE copy on Server which is opened from own PC through remote desktop.

After fresh Server restart all goes well for 1-2 weeks. But after some strange behaviour starts:
    - values of all calculated fields - whatever, on forms or on reports - disapears. When I click on a field it shows up but again (refresh does not help);
    - all condition formats does not show until I hover the mose on it.

When we restart the Server all comes to normal again. Its very annoying because users thinking data are gone!

I have searched a lot on net but seems it is rare problem and maybe related to some kind of overcaching or something related to using time. Would be great to hear form you any help on it.

Provided Answers: 59
    local front end, remote backend is the standard model
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for reply a lot but can it be related to my problem?
    And what benefits of your suggested system you see against our?

Provided Answers: 19
    When the split database model posted by healdem isn't followed, in a multi-user environment, there is no end to the type of problems you can encounter, many of them which seem absolutely off the wall!

I'd fix that, first, then see if the problem persists. Be sure and Compile the Front End, before distributing it; that may also point out problems.

After that (which needs to be done, everything else aside) id the problem persists, I'd simply delete the Textbox and re-create it. Controls can and do become corrupted, and doing this is both the test for corruption and the fix.

Linq ;0)>
    Last edited by Missinglinq; 01-11-14 at 16:10.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

Now I see that maybe my explanation of problem is not totaly clear.

The problem arise with all calculating fields on all forms. And with all conditional formats. With all respect I am prity sure it is not related with system design. Every user has own individual FE copy. With every start of application their get fresh and compiled own copy of FE through VBScrip.

And very important to notice that problem arise after 1-2 weeks of Server use. When problem happens we restart the Server and all comes back to normal for next 1-2 weeks.

I have the same design as you and I haven't had problems, though my backend is on a local network. Do you compact and repair on each distribution?
    Version: Access 2010

Also, if it's that consistent I'd be looking at running some diagnostics on your server as well.
    Version: Access 2010

Yes, I do decompile/repair on every distribution of FE and every weekend I repair BE on the server. I doubt that it is related to the OS as on other forum people are complain having same problem on different OS's. And it feels like MS Access are collecting some kind of "trash" which goes away only after restarting OS.

Currently I am testing "Clear cache on close". Its in options of current db. If it does not help I am going to try runtime update.

Off course any more suggestions are welcome as well!