Provided Answers: 2

Unanswered: Search Within Scripting for Certain Terms

Is there a method that allows searching for certain characters (either variables or commands) within the script? Although it was several months back when I last worked with that particular project, I knew that I used a certain command in one my scripts... yet I could not remember exactly where. To find it, I had to look at 29 individual scripts I had in one program - each script ranged from 33 lines to 134 lines. Of course, this manually looking procedure took me a while to do. Are there any procedure built into Brilliant Database that facilitates searching for these 'key words' within scripts?
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 17
    This might do what you need and it's surprisingly quick to jump in and out of even when working with really long scripts.

From the Design menu, select Database Scripts.
    Select the script you want to examine.
    Select “Script” followed by “Export Script to Html”.
    Your default internet browser will now open and display your code.
    Press CTRL + F to bring up the search box.

I've attached two screen shots from program I wrote. One of the scripts is over 900 lines long.

Regards
    James
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Image1.jpg   Image2.jpg  

James,
    Thanks, I would have never considered anything like that... but with your explanation, it makes perfect sense and would have certainly saved me much time. You are certainly a HUGE asset to this community.
    Daryl G

I just used this for real and it works great! Another benefit is that you can save a copy of your code to Microsoft Word, if desired. I am trying to compare two large scripts to one another and James' approach certainly minimizes my confusion.
    Daryl G