Unanswered: Issue with connecting the pervasive sql 2000 server with Ms Access using ODBC

Hi,

I need help.
    I have one application which runs on Pervasive sql 2000.
    Server part of pervasive sql 2000 is installed on one server (windows server 2003).
    Client part is installed on windows vista 32bit machine with Office 2007 32bit.
    I have one MS access data base. This database contains the linked tables. These tables are linked with pervasive data files.

This MS access databse is working correctly on office 2003.

On office 2007, when I tried to connect the data base with ODBC DSN, it is giving me error as ODBC connection failed.

When I tried to link the tables again and tried to create the new MS ACCESS databse, i got error as
    "[Pervasive][Pervasive ODBC Client interface][Pervasive ODBC client interface][Pervasive ODBC client interface LNA]No available transport protocol for the pervasive network services layer. (#2065)"

When I created ODBC DSN under system DSN tab and clicked on TEST button, it is given me message as connection successful. This DSN I am using while connecting the MS access databse with server but still i am getting above error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Issue with ODBC connection between MS Access and pervasive sql 2000.

Hi,

I need help.
    I have one application which runs on Pervasive sql 2000.
    Server part of pervasive sql 2000 is installed on one server (windows server 2003).
    Client part is installed on windows vista 32bit machine with Office 2007 32bit.
    I have one MS access data base. This database contains the linked tables. These tables are linked with pervasive data files.

This MS access databse is working correctly on office 2003.

On office 2007, when I tried to connect the data base with ODBC DSN, it is giving me error as ODBC connection failed.

When I tried to link the tables again and tried to create the new MS ACCESS databse, i got error as
    "[Pervasive][Pervasive ODBC Client interface][Pervasive ODBC client interface][Pervasive ODBC client interface LNA]No available transport protocol for the pervasive network services layer. (#2065)"

When I created ODBC DSN under system DSN tab and clicked on TEST button, it is given me message as connection successful. This DSN I am using while connecting the MS access databse with server but still i am getting above error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sanjay

Provided Answers: 4
    You've got a communication error between the client and server. Pervasive communicates via TCP/IP for ODBC. The Test button doesn't actually make a connection with PSQL 2000 if I remember correctly.
    Make sure you can ping the server by name from the client (where you are creating the DSN) and that it works using IPv4. PSQL 2000 does not support IPv6.
    Does this still work on other client machines or do all machines fail?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

I tried to ping the server by name from client machine. It is pinging correctly with IPv4.

I have other client machines which have Windows Vista with office 2003. On these machines MS Access database is working correctly.

I am working on upgrade where I want use office 2007 instaed of office 2003.
    On office 2007, ODBC connection is failing.

Still I am getting same error. Do I need any extra driver to make connection between server and client?

I tried to ping the server by name from client machine. It is pinging correctly with IPv4.

I have other client machines which have Windows Vista with office 2003. On these machines MS Access database is working correctly.

I am working on upgrade where I want use office 2007 instaed of office 2003.
    On office 2007, ODBC connection is failing.

Still I am getting same error. Do I need any extra driver to make connection between server and client?

any thoughts on this?

Provided Answers: 4
    Can you connect to the data source using other tools like the Pervasive Control Center or ODBC Test?
    The fact that one machine fails while another machine works indicates a problem with the machine that is failing rather than the server.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.