Unanswered: Access 2000 runtime package

I have an access app. that i am looking to distribute on XP, windows 7 and Windows 8 platforms.

I know visual studio 2005 includes a distribution package, is there a newer version that includes this so i can package my app and distribute it to machines which are not running MS Access.

Provided Answers: 59
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Access runtime distribution wizard

Thanks

I'm looking for the redistribute package, I'm currently running access 2013 on Windows 8, i've downloaded and ran the access 2007 developer tools but ir doesn't seem to do anything.

Provided Answers: 59
    if you are developing in A2013, then use the A2010 or A2013 runtime........
    Why try to develop in 2013 but use the 2007 developer tools....?
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Access 2013 digital signature

I am trying to use Access 2013 package wizard to save an app as an installation package but the wizard will not initiate because there is no certificate for VBA projects.

Earlier versions of office have the selfcert.exe facility but it appears access 2013 does not have this.

How can i obtain or create a digital certificate to sign my app with so i can package it?

Thanks in advance for any help

Andy

Access 2013

Thanks

I think i've resolved the issue

I did originally develop my app in access 2000 and packaged it with visual studio 2005 developer extensions.

With windows 8 i need to up date my installation package so i have now converted app to access 2007 format running on access 2013 but the option to deploy as package wizard when you choose "SAVE AS" to save the database will not permit saving without a VBA digital certificate so i can't test the installation package.

Any suggestions appreciated

Lightbulb Access 2013 digital signature

I have an access 2013 app i am trying to package as a disributable application using the package and sign option when you choose to "save as" but i am getting an error message because my digital certificate is marked not suitable for VBA projects.

Where can i get a suitable digital certificate?

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 54
    The best answer in my opinion is to buy a public certificate from one of the certificate authorities. Do a search (like Google, Bing, etc.) for buy SSL Certificate and you'll get a few hundred suggestions.

Another answer would be to install IIS7 and generate a Self-Signed Certificate. This is free, but it will serve this purpose.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

I am running windows 8, the file you suggetsed is XP or Windows 7 only.

is there another way to create my own certificate?

Lightbulb

As i understand it SSL is an internet security certificate, i need a VBA digital signature, can these be created in Windows 8 for access 2013?

Provided Answers: 54
    Yes, use the SSL certificate to sign your Access distribution package.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Red face

Thanks Pat

After trying numerous solutions unsuccessfully i have decided to try using the IIS 7 approach.

I have managed to use the IIS console to create the certificate and place it in the trusted publishers folder but i am getting the attached message when i try to use it to sign the code for my application.

Andy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VBA.png   trust centre.png  
    Last edited by F1ynn; 03-17-14 at 13:31.