Question Unanswered: Use Dlookup in Forms

I am using Access 2013. I have built several forms titled Shippers, Recievers, Drivers, and Products. I am building another form named Dispatch. This form needs to draw information from each of these other forms to build the dispatch sheet for the drivers. I have built Lookups on the Dispatch for each of their "ID" codes. Now I want to pull their pertinent information onto the Dispatch form but I cannot get it to run. I have been trying to enter it into the CONTROL SOURCE as follows but it will not run.

=DLookUp("ReCity","Recievers","ReWayneID=" & [Form]![Recievers]![ReWayneID])

What am I doing wrong? This should be very simple, but I seem to be missing something.
    Last edited by JoeB1; 01-20-14 at 09:26.

Provided Answers: 59
    so have you checked you are getting sane value?
    ..set a breakpoint on the code and make certain that [Form]![Recievers]![ReWayneID] is what you think it is
    ..check the datatype, if ReWayneID is numeirc then your code shoudl work, if its text/string then you need to delimit it with a quote mark
    =DLookUp("ReCity","Recievers","ReWayneID='" & [Form]![Recievers]![ReWayneID] & "'")
    Im not a fan of pulling stuff liek this from other forms, as its easy code to break
    if the other form isn't loaded
    dlookup will return null if it can't find a matching result.. is that what you want
    Dlookup is fine for occasional use, but haivng 3 spearate but logically interlinked forms doenst' feel right. I think I'd probably want to have combo boxes that pull the data as required. remember to provide a requery/refresh button that refreshes the combo boxes to make certaint hey have the most upto date information
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Thanks for your response. ReWayneID is Text. I plugged that in and get back #NAME?

If I put just =DLookUp("ReCity","Recievers") returns the first City in the Table.

I'm just reading more here. The form I am trying to build is basically an ODERS form. I do need to pull all that info in on a daily basis, actually as many as 150 orders in a day. Is there a better way to do this? I haven't done programing for many years, last I did was in DOS on DBASE.