Question Running Log with Shoe Closet

I have recently been fiddling around with Base from LibreOffice trying to learn more about the software and how to utilize it best.

I want to make a running log that not only adds my accumulated mileage when entered into my Workout Info but also one that allows me to track how much mileage is placed on each pair of shoes. For instance if I run in a pair of flip flops for 2 separate 10 mile runs and sneakers on a separate line for 5 miles the Workout Info table would look like this:

ID/Date/WorkoutType/Distance/Time/Notes/Shoes
    0/2014-01-21/0/10/70:00/.../0
    0/2014-01-21/0/10/70:00/.../0
    0/2014-01-21/0/5/35:00/.../0

I would like the Shoe Table to then look like this:

ID/Shoe/Mileage(Total)
    0/FlipFlops/20
    1/Sneakers/5

Is what I would like to do even possible in a database structure? Would I be better off just going to an Excel Spreadsheet?
    Would I use a function or formula to achieve this? I can only seem to add 1 relationship between tables and I believe that is a normal limitation? I attached a current structure of my relationships, my creation of a relationship between my WorkoutInfo mileage and Shoe Mileage, and the error message that the new relationship causes. Am I on the right track with my current structure? Any guidance is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for the help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Structure.jpg   New Relationship.jpg   Error.jpg  

You are creating a database to track how much mileage you have put on your shoes?
    Just put it in an excel spreadsheet.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blindman View Post
    You are creating a database to track how much mileage you have put on your shoes?
    Just put it in an excel spreadsheet.
    Thanks you blindman. I guess I just really wanted to work with base to create a database and learn the system. I made this more complicated than I had to. I'll find some other use to experiment with it then.

Well, that is a bit different.
    If all you want is to get some experience designing databases, then it doesn't matter how silly the project is.
    Build your tables and try it out.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com