Hi all,

Firstly, DB2 version 9.1.0.5 (yes, I know its old!)

I'm trying to have NetBackup backup our DB2 databases and be able to restore them to another server (same setup, kinda like it's DR equivalent). As we don't have a DB2 DBA currently, I'm trying to do this with a lot of reading online articles, and I'm starting to get confused. I know DB2 basics, but more of a Linux SysAdmin than a DBA.

Anyway, so far I have the following in my 'db2.conf' file :
Code:
DATABASE PRODDB
OBJECTTYPE ALTERNATE
POLICY PROD_DB2
SCHEDULE DB2-Application-Backup
SRCINST db2inst1
SRCALIAS PRODDB
DESTINST db2inst1
DESTALIAS PRODDB
ENDOPER

DATABASE PRODDB
OBJECTTYPE ALTERNATE
POLICY PROD_DB2
SCHEDULE weekly-full
ARCFUNC SAVE
SRCINST db2inst1
SRCALIAS PRODDB
DESTINST db2inst1
DESTALIAS PRODDB
ENDOPER
With these settings, NetBackup fails to backup the required files. I have a few questions regarding this file though if anyone can help ?

Is the 'OBJECTTYPE' setting correct as 'ALTERNATE' ? As this will be restored to another server.
Do I need to have a separate policy created for the logs ? I asked our NetBackup guys and they weren't too sure and asked us to change it to 'weekly-full' but still failed
Do I need a SRC and DEST alias' for both the logs and the database backup ?

I have this working fine on a standalone DB2 server with no requirement for a alternate restore and unsure where I have gone wrong here. I have updated the 'LOGARCHMETH2' to be 'VENDOR:/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbdb2.so64' (METH1 is currently set to DISK:/db2logs/PRODDB) as I read this had to be set for NetBackup to correctly backup the archive log files.

Can anyone help me with this ? Perhaps point me in the right direction !? It's driving me insane!!!!

Cheers