Question Unanswered: Printing problem

I have a drop down list base on another drop down list. I created a report
    using the drop down list fields. The problem is when I preview the report or wants to print it the all the fields are blank. Does anyone have an idea what I did wrong?

Provided Answers: 17
    Hmmm... not so easy to answer as many thing can be configured wrong.

Can you post your file so I can see what your doing?

Regards
    James

Hi

Attached please find the screen print.

Hennie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Interesting, the data was imported from excel. If I add new students then it's working fine. It seems to me the problem is with the drop-down box when you import data.

Provided Answers: 17
    No need to start two thread for this.
    It only confuses things when people are searching the forums for tips.

I've just given you the answer to this problem in your other thread now.

http://www.dbforums.com/brilliant-da...ease-help.html

Regards
    James

Provided Answers: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Brilliant Namibia View Post
    Hi

Attached please find the screen print.

Hennie
    Hennie,
    Unfortunately, I have nothing to add to assist in answering your question; however, I am always curious as to what others are doing with Brilliant Database. I very inquisitively examined your screen print because there are certainly some very smart people using this software and doing some amazing things with it!
    Daryl G

Provided Answers: 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubbritt View Post
    No need to start two thread for this.
    It only confuses things when people are searching the forums for tips.
    Combining threads is a mixed bag.

As a general rule, people have more success finding information when one thread deals with exactly one topic, with possible links like you provided to related topics. This tends to "concentrate keywords" so that the thread is easier to find, and the links provide easy access to additional material if the reader needs that material.

This thread structure leads to people finding exactly what they want faster because there is less data to retrieve (in terms of the size of the thread) and the links show where to find related content.

As an extreme example, think about the structure of Wikipedia. By keeping each topic relatively "pure", it is easy to search for exactly what interests you. The links allow you to find related information if you need it. Imagine if you wanted to find out about Formula One racing, but there was only a generic wiki on "sport" and you had to sort through ballet, football, and jai-ali to find what you wanted!

Organization is a key to finding the data you want. Keeping the articles small and related is the best way I know to organize data for easy retrieval.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.