Question Unanswered: Syncing 2 databases together

I have 2 Debian 6 linux servers. Let's say server 1 had the database and MYSQL setup. Server 2 would then have to connect to it get information. Server 2 would have a pretty decent lag due to this. I want to set-up 2 databases so each server can connect locally with the information stored into our databases to be the same as each server. Do you any of you have any suggestions/tutorials on how to do this? I have considered master-master replication, but I hear it's not what I want because it can get off sync and have "slave lag". I also heard of MariaDB (Galera), but the default configurations in the tutorial breaks the database from starting. Any help would be appreciated, either a new tutorial for Galera, since it sounds to be what I need, or a new sync method. Thanks!

Also, the tutorial I used for Galera was this:
    MariaDB Galera Master/Master Replication on Ubuntu 12.04 HOWTO | edin.no-ip.com
    ==================================================
    The configuration breaks once I edit the file "/etc/mysql/conf.d/mariadb.cnf" to:
    [mysqld]
    wsrep_cluster_address = 'gcomm://'
    wsrep_provider = /usr/lib/galera/libgalera_smm.so
    wsrep_retry_autocommit = 0
    wsrep_sst_method = rsync

Provided Answers: 54
    Is one server running MySQL and the other running MariaDB, or are both running MariaDB? At least in my experience, MySQL is pretty finicky about supporting replication from other sources.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Only one was "MariaDB", until I setup the configuation, then both were going to be it. The configuration wouldn't work, so I didn't continue to making them both MariaDB.

Provided Answers: 54
    I think that you want MariaDB's master-master (circular) replication. I think that it does exactly what you've described.

If that's what you need, see the MariaDB web site for more details on configuration master-master replication.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.