Unanswered: allocating cache to a table

Hi,

In some RDBMS there is option by which you can assign any object ( e.g table ) to cache ( ram, primary memory). Is there any option in db2 to achieve that ?

E.g I know one of my table is very much important. I want to move that complete table to bufferpool for all the time so that I can always have logical read for all operation related to that table.

Tablespaces get assigned to bufferpools. So you could have a separate tablespace for that table, and have a separate bufferpool for that tablespace. Size the bufferpool to handle all the data (and indexes) for the objects in that tablespace, but be careful that you are not wasting bufferpool space.

Typically there are a group of tables like this in a database that can be included together in the same tablespace (and therefore same bufferpool). Usually one would want to create separate tablespaces for the table and indexes (each with its own bufferpool), but that is not absolutely necessary.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks Marcus for reply !!!
    I got it what you want to say...
    Post is still open if anyone have any idea like we have in few RDMS for direct allocation !!!