Unanswered: Learning PHP for use with databases (MS-SQL)

Please, can some explain to me on how to use php database,
    as i am interest in knowing it.
    Tayo

Provided Answers: 54
    PHP is a programming language, not a database engine.

Use this link to find out more about PHP.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 54
    I also moved your question from the Microsoft SQL Server forum (where it would get little if any appropriate attention), to the PHP forum which has fewer visitors but more who are experienced with PHP.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Provided Answers: 59
    PHP can use anyone of a variety of database engines. As of version 5.something.or.other PHP had SQLite available as a native library (although many ISP's turned that off in configuration so they could sell the DB facility as an add on).

PHP can use either a native PHP library to connect to major DB's and if that faisl you cna always connect to db's through ODBC. so its highly unlikely that whatever db you decide to use cannot talk to PHP. Usually the limiting factor is what your ISP will allow you to use. so before settling on a specific combination I'd suggest sound out ISP's to find oiut what the cost options are.

As a general rule people using SQL Server tend to be connecting to Microsoft .NET scripted websites. People using MySQL often connect to PHP.

PHP can be a very undisciplined development environment. its not saying you can't write well formed/structerd code, just that its very very easy to write code that is not the easiest to maintain over time if you so choose to, or dont' know better. I think its marginally harder to write unstructured code in .NET that PHP, but its all subjective
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

If you learn PHP, you would ultimately learn database

The database is the one stage or step, you find in PHP. There are many databases in different programming languages, and My SQL is also one of them.

Their are many website and video site where you can learn php or can join course also.