Unanswered: Remote login to database without password

Hi All,
    I have a special request for the "temporary solution" for the project cutover.
    I have 2 databases (1 is production [using db2inst1] and another 1 is reporting server [db2inst1] ), for project cutover purposes, I want to use the reporting server db2inst1 to remotely login to production server database which has db2inst1 as the instance user as well.
    Any idea how can I remotely login to production db without prompt the password using db2inst1 instance userid ? Cheers!

Thanks for all the input.

Provided Answers: 11
    for remote login, pw is always required
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 1
    Depending on what exactly you want to accomplish (I doubt that just connecting to the server is all you really need) you might be able to use federation to access production data without establishing an explicit connection to that database.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

I wonder if you could set-up SSH to login without password between the servers for the ID and try connecting to the remote database.

Not really sure if it works, but worth a try

have you already catalogged the production database on remote server and you are trying to connect without a password ? If so please check authentication and trust_allclnts dbm parameteres and change it accordingly.

I used to do this when I was worked on 8 version I am not sure whethere it will work or not.