Unanswered: Copy fields into data entry form from secondary table

I apologize if this has ever been covered here but I have searched extensively online and cannot find a solution for exactly what I am looking to do.

Version: Access 2007

Problem:I would like to have the option to manually input fields in a form (current process) or populate those fields via button. Data would come from a secondary table within same database where the primary key for that secondary table is selected already into a lookup field in the form.

Scenario: Form 1 is a -current record-data entry- form that works perfectly but I want to now add some user friendliness and efficiency to it. The form is for record entry into my tbl_projects. Tbl_Projects has a primary key [Service#]

I have a table tbl_Warehouses that stores locations of warehouses that provide services for us.

tbl_Warehouses contains the fields [WHCode]*primary, [WHName], [WHStreet], [WHCity], [WHState], [WHZip], [WHContact], [WHPhone]

Back to the form…In the first section of the form we identify the warehouse that is providing the services via a combo box-lookup field to [WHCode] in tbl_Warehouses

I have the fields for the origination address in Form1 which are [OriginName], [OriginStreet], [OriginCity], [OriginState], [OriginZip], [OriginContact] and [OriginPhone]. As you can see each one has a corresponding field in tbl_Warehouses.

Currently these have to be manually updated which has to remain an option as sometimes they require a manual address. However other times the Origination address is the Warehouse address that is stored in tbl_Warehouses.

What I want to do is put a button in the Origination Address section that will ‘on click’ look at the [WHCode] that was selected in section 1 of the form and copy the address fields from the tbl_Warehouses to the fields in Form1/tbl_Projects for the Origin address.

I hope I have explained this well enough for advice or even a point in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Provided Answers: 6
    Presuming you have the fields in the combo you can use the second method behind the button:

Autofill
    Paul

pbaldy...Excellent that sounds like it should do what I need. I am going to look at this this afternoon when I have a chance to work on the DB. Many thanks!

No problem. Sounds like you're a fellow golfer.

Pbaldy...I almost forgot to come back and thank you. That definitely solved my problem and your help was greatly appreciated.

Yep I am a fellow golfer...Although SavinPar is more of a life affirmation (make something good from something bad) than a reflection of my golf game.

Happy to help, and welcome to the site by the way!
    Paul