Unanswered: Database Slow/Concurrent Users (Access 2k/2k3)

Hello everyone! I lost my account information, so I'm back under a new name.

I have a pair of Access databases, set up in a split Front End/Back End configuration. The back ends are .mdb (Acess 2003 Version) files, and each database uses a pair of front ends. (One is for Access 2k users, the other for 2k3 users: The only difference is in the calendar on some forms because the two versions load it differently.) They all reside on the resident file server.

In my ever present quest to optimize the decade+ behemoth, I split the database into a FE and BE, and then tried implementing a variant of the PKStormy Clone Script (I have spaces in file names, so I had to make an edit). I wound up putting the new Front End Clone on the server as well, but I continued to get complaints that the databases were slow. Eventually, I tore out the clone part of it, and just set it to open the shared front end, but I'm still getting complaints. Should I re-attempt the clone script, and set them to be on the local machine instead of the server?

TL;DR: I have thirty users connecting to an Access DB, and my script is slowing things down but I have no idea why. Script in production is as follows:

Code:
    Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    GetUser = WshNetwork.UserName
    Set WshNetwork = Nothing

LUName = "\\server\Company Name\Company Name.mdb"
    'Note: or LUName = "UNC Name"
    oldname = LUName

oName = """" & "\\server\Company Name\Company Name.mdb" & """" 

retval = 0

Dim objShell
    Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

objShell.Run "MSAccess.exe " & oName

Set objShell = Nothing

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordFox View Post
    They all reside on the resident file server.
    Each computer should have its own copy of the front-end. That would be a start.
    Have a nice day!

Access Open Script/Concurrent Users Issue (2k & 2k3)

Hello everyone! I lost my account information, so I'm back under a new name.

I have a pair of Access databases, set up in a split Front End/Back End configuration. The back ends are .mdb (Acess 2003 Version) files, and each database uses a pair of front ends. (One is for Access 2k users, the other for 2k3 users: The only difference is in the calendar on some forms because the two versions load it differently.) They all reside on the resident file server.

In my ever present quest to optimize the decade+ behemoth, I split the database into a FE and BE, and then tried implementing a variant of the PKStormy Clone Script (I have spaces in file names, so I had to make an edit). I wound up putting the new Front End Clone on the server as well, but I continued to get complaints that the databases were slow. Eventually, I tore out the clone part of it, and just set it to open the shared front end, but I'm still getting complaints. Should I re-attempt the clone script, and set them to be on the local machine instead of the server? Or is the script below have some fatal flaw that I'm missing? (I'm a Network Engineer/Sysadmin moreso a DBA).

TL;DR: I have thirty users connecting to an Access DB, and my script is slowing things down but I have no idea why. Script in production is as follows:

Code:
    Set WshNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network")
    GetUser = WshNetwork.UserName
    Set WshNetwork = Nothing

LUName = "\\server\Company Name\Company Name.mdb"
    'Note: or LUName = "UNC Name"
    oldname = LUName

oName = """" & "\\server\Company Name\Company Name.mdb" & """" 

retval = 0

Dim objShell
    Set objShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

objShell.Run "MSAccess.exe " & oName

Set objShell = Nothing