How can we parse the ff fields

Order Number
    Customer Name
    Order Date
    Del Date
    Ordrd
    Value
    StockRef

of the attached Excel file, into BD records with the above fields.

Thanks

Ernie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi Ernie
    Looking at excel file, there appears to be problem with the stock reference data. I would imagine this will be mixed up with other data if a standard excel import is attempted as it does not fit a unified format.
    I would wait and see if others have any ideas or suggestions but my first thought would be converting to a standard csv text file (excel can do this).and procesing with a script. I had to do this with a odd data format of separate field on each text line and records defined by a blank line. The exact format of this script would need to be custom made but BD is quite versatile in these situations. The only down side is speed of processing if more then a few hundred records.
    BD does have built in parsing but I found making my own script more flexiable.
    Not a five minute task but would play with idea if no other solutions found.
    Regards
    David

I would change the excel file. Can't you simply create an additional column "StockRef" with the repeated values for each row? Then delete the highlighted rows with StockRef and import. Each row / record will have its own StockRef value. Depending on how many records are involved, macros could be created to accomplish the above very quickly. Just my thoughts.
    Don
    Last edited by donaldp; 02-18-14 at 12:41.

Provided Answers: 4
    Please check this.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wow. Although I don't understand it, it's great, MacHeuS! Are you using tabs in there?
    P.S. I still think changing the excel file would be easier (just kidding!)

Provided Answers: 2
    Hello
    MacHeuS sure is quick off the block - great work. This is similar to what I had in mind but would have taken me a few days to fine tune. The only addition I might make would be to open and read text file with BD script actions but with a small amount of data, copy and and paste would appear quite practical.
    This one of the reasons I like BD - it has accessable to tools to achieve almost any task.
    Regards
    David

Wow, it's magic in BD. Great work MacHeuS. By the way, what is that key after upto in [$01]=[$line^text upto ]

Thanks

Ernie
    Last edited by mcmichael; 02-19-14 at 04:39.

Provided Answers: 4
    It is Tab key. You can not enter it with a key. But you can copy-paste from anywhere. For example from the notepad

Thanks guys for all your help. Thanks MacHeuS. You're the man!!!
    Last edited by mcmichael; 02-19-14 at 06:40.