Unanswered: Why db2data folder changes its size (increasing and decreasing )?

we have DB2 9.7. It has almost 30 GB. Data are on this /opt/IBM/db2data/ctginst1/NODE0000/DB_NAME/Txxxxxx

I noticed that every day during the day (suppose because of the workload) DB change its size (partition /opt/IBM/db2data) For example used 26 GB, 27 GB, 28 GB, then it returns to 26GB.

I noticed that on Linux when using df -h. Available space grows and then returns to old value. How is this possible? Is this regular behavior? Also only one TABLESPACE has over 24 GB. Others are small. Shouldn't they be splatted equally or not?

Data are not deleted from database for sure, so that is not the reason why DB increase/decrease!

Probably Temporary Tablespaces. You can read the documentation about how these work and why they are sometimes needed.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Provided Answers: 11
    in developerswork there are some doc about best practices
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Guys thank you for answer:
    these are TS
    How can I differentiate temporary table space?
    Also is it really regular behavior that one TS has 25 gb while others are small??? Or I should be concerned?

225M T0000000
    12K T0000001
    289M T0000002
    33M T0000003
    25G T0000004
    18M T0000005
    12K T0000006

You need to read the documentation that explains what a Temporary Tablespace is and when DB2 uses it. If you don't understand the doc, please quote the portion of the doc you don't understand.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390