Unanswered: User entitlements

Hi

Not sure if this is possible.

I have created a table which contains user information. This is used on a login form which requires their pass word to access other forms.

The table contains a True/False field named 'Auditor'. If they are an auditor, this is True.

On the login form I have inserted the [Auditor] True/False box. The Visible property is set to No.

So here is my question...

Is it possible to set the properties of subsequent forms not allow edits or deletions for example depending on whether the True/False box on the login screen is checked?

Provided Answers: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1008 View Post
    This is used on a login form which requires their pass word to access other forms.
    You not need a login form: each user is identified through his/her Windows login.You can retrieve the information using
    Code:
    StrUserName = Environ("USERNAME")
    Or by using an API Function (there are examples in the Code Bank).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1008 View Post
    Is it possible to set the properties of subsequent forms not allow edits or deletions for example depending on whether the True/False box on the login screen is checked?
    Add a verification process in the Form_Open event handler of each form and set the form properties accordingly.
    Have a nice day!