Question Unanswered: Queries regarding Federation in DB2 10.1

Hi,

I have newly joined this forum and have found it very useful for information regarding DB2 topics. Thank You.

I am facing some issues while using the federated DB and need some help. Please find my questions below:

Aim) To be able to query MSSQL server DB from DB2 DB as a federated DB using nicknames etc

DB2 details: DB2 Version "10.1.0.0..0" fix pack "0", enterprise server edition

I need to connect to connect to a MSSQL server hence need to setup the federated DB. From some help on the internet I found that I need to do following steps:

a) Install datadirect drivers. This is done and connectivity tested using sample (c program)
    b) Install Infospehere federation server
    3) Configure wrappers for MS SQL server

1) Is above procedure correct? Are any of these steps are unnecessary? or any other step required?
    2) How is federated server different from the normal data server ? How can i check if federated server already installer or not?
    3) Another related question, does universal fix pack contain all the other fixes? For example in this link: IBM DB2 Version 10.1 Fix Pack 1 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows - United States - are all the wrappers, drivers, clients etc are present in the universal fix packs?

ThankYou

Any suggestions ?

Provided Answers: 11
    yes, correct
    have a look at infocenter and see the chapter : Configuring the federated server
    all details are present
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be