Unanswered: Chart Based on Query and Adding Criteria to Query

Morning All hope you are well

I have a query "IncidentQry" containing

[Campus],[Location],[TypeofIncident]

A stacked Bar Graph is on a report based on [Location] and [TypeofIncident]

I need to be able to filter the Graph on [Campus], So I though that I could use Vba SQL Insert into the Criteria say "FCH"

That would then filter the Query only on that site which would filter the chart to only show incidents at "FCH"

When the Graph closes it could then reset the critera back to ""

Is this the correct was do do this and if so how do I referance the Critera when using the insert into statment.

Currently I am exporting the Query to Excel then Excel does the work, when I understanding if this is the correct was I would also like to add a search by date range.

Thank you

Provided Answers: 59
    exporting to excel?, why?

what I'd do is create the chart inside an Access report. use a stored query for that chart
    then update that query (by writing the revised design to the querydefs collection)
    you ,mayhave to do modify some of the charts properties at runtime
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Exporting to Excel Why ?

I have found that MS Chart to be a unkind thing when trying to format the Chart, it does not adjust correctly, but now I want to eliminate having to create the charts in excel every year and have the user open the charts for site and between date range.

I will have a read up on Stored Querys and QueryDef and will get back if I still have problems

Thanks for you time Healdem

Provided Answers: 59
    the chart engine in Excel is the same as the chart engine in Access
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

So I have read and it has not changed in around 20 years but when you try to increase the size of the chart it start cutting sections off and it does not resize correctly. Even when you close the report and reopen it does not show correctly by cutting of text and Ledgend.

This I am sure is correctable but first I need to get it working how I need to, before I start playing around with formatting

Thank you