Question Unanswered: Is it possible to use linked tables for a query?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to first make two linked databases in MS Access (with two Excel-sheets used as a source), and then using both linked databases to make a new query from the two databases?

The thing is that the two excel-sheets will be frequently updated with new and extra data.
    I'm using the two sheets in MS Access because I need information that is stored in different columns in both sheets.

Currently I import both tables in Access and then make a simple selectionquery using the wizard. But if the excel sheets are updated with extra information, then I usually have to start all over again in Access and I make a new database with a new selection-query. Obviously I would like to use the "refresh-button" so that the query will update with all the new information that has been added to the excel sheets.

If I try to do what I'm asking that MS Access gives me an error saying:
    "You have chosen fields from recordsources which the wizard can not fuse. Possibly you have chosen fields from a table of query which are based on that table. If so, you can try to select fields from the table or fields from the query."

Maybe that there is another way to make this happen?

Please let me know

With kind regards

Provided Answers: 14
    What's the SQL of the query?
    Have a nice day!