Unanswered: db2 connect causing high paging

Hi All,
    Anyone know or encounter why when connect to database, the paging will increase tremendously and eventually cause the whole paging all use up and server halted.

DB Ver 10.5.0.1
    AIX Version is 7.1

Thanks.

At the time when the first connection to a database is made, DB2 allocates a lot of memory for the database, primarily for bufferpools. If there is not sufficient real memory to support the amount of memory trying to be allocated, DB2 may crash or cause other severe problems.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Thanks Marcus,
    This is happen after I just finished installed and perform minor configuration on db cfg and dbm cfg (except for the db memory part as all default are AUTOMATIC).
    The physical memory available is 16G. I believe that should be sufficient for the Development DB Server. Tomorror, I will check all the vmo parameter to ensure it meet all recommended value.

Quote Originally Posted by ckwan123 View Post
    Thanks Marcus,
    This is happen after I just finished installed and perform minor configuration on db cfg and dbm cfg (except for the db memory part as all default are AUTOMATIC).
    The physical memory available is 16G. I believe that should be sufficient for the Development DB Server. Tomorror, I will check all the vmo parameter to ensure it meet all recommended value.
    Might be a good idea to upgrade to fixpack 3 also.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390