Hi all, I'm hoping I can get some direction on how to accomplish an odd task that I can't seem to get straight on my own. This is all in Access 2010

I have a query that is pulling data from a couple tables (tblFaces and tblFaceDetails), and is called qryFaces. tblFaces has some primary key fields, and a MaterialCode that is linked to the tblFaceDetails table. So when I run the query I get data that looks something like:

Code:
ItemNumber | Section | Variation | FaceThickness | FaceMaterial | FaceSide
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
40001      | 100     | 1         | 0.06          | Something    | A
40001      | 100     | 1         | 0.06          | Something    | B
40001      | 100     | 2         | 0.03          | Something    | A
40001      | 100     | 2         | 0.03          | Something    | B
40002      | 100     | 1         | 0.06          | Something    | A
40002      | 100     | 1         | 0.06          | Something    | B
ItemNumber, Section, and Variation are all primary keys, and the table continues on down from there, and gets more complicated with more variations, etc.

What I want to do is instead of getting multiple rows of data for each combination of ItemNumber, Section and Variation, I want to have a single row for each, and have multiple columns representing the data. So it would look more like:

Code:
ItemNumber | Section | Variation | FaceThickness1 | FaceMaterial1 | FaceSide1 | FaceThickness2 | FaceMaterial2 | FaceSide2 |
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
40001      | 100     | 1         | 0.06           | Something     | A         | 0.06           | Something     | B         |
40001      | 100     | 2         | 0.03           | Something     | A         | 0.03           | Something     | B         |
40002      | 100     | 1         | 0.06           | Something     | A         | 0.06           | Something     | B         |
That way I can take the results of that query, and I'm going to wind up exporting them out to excel. I can't hard code the fields/columns as there is not a set number of possible combinations.

I'm thinking perhaps a Crosstab query is the direction to look for answers on this, but the examples I have seen so far are slightly different, and I'm having trouble wrapping my head around the design. (Something like this? Microsoft Access tips: Crosstab query tips )

Any help is appreciated, and if you have any questions, I'll reply as soon as possible.

Thanks!