Unanswered: Restrict simple relational choices?

Hi.
    I have a pop-up list that offers choices for a simple relational field. I know it can be filtered, but I would like to filter it for only certain users. Any ideas?
    Thanks
    Don

Hi Donald,

You can filter it by username. In that way, only the allowed users can access the choices

Thanks

Ernie

Thanks Ernie, but the records are from a folder that feeds the simple relational field, and I want some users to see only some of the records in that folder. Admin can choose from all of them. I can't seem to figure out how to do that. It's probably a lot easier than I'm making it.
    Don

Provided Answers: 2
    Hi
    Does this folder contain a field that identifies it as a admin or user record? Have not tested idea but could you then use visibility rules to hide individual field on form (simple relational)? You may need to use user access settings in file menu and folder access levels in folder menu to lockdown application.
    Just ideas
    Regards
    David

Good idea, David. I'll play around with it and report back.
    Don

Hi Don,
    I haven't tried this yet, but I agree with David. You may create a field which acts as a key to the record. Any user who has the key can display the record in the SRF.
    Thanks
    Ernie
    Last edited by mcmichael; 03-02-14 at 00:21.

Thanks all for the ideas. I actually solved the problem rather easily using something I've never used...dataset as a filter of another dataset. I created one for admin and one for others, then used input from dataset as the source of the simple relational. Worked like a charm. BD is amazing! I love this program.
    Don