Unhappy Unanswered: SYBASE.sh doesn't work for 15.7 after install next to 12.5

Hello All,
    Here is my problem...
    I have ASE 12.5 running on SunOS 5.10 Generic_125100-08 sun4u sparc SUNW. I need to install an ASE 15.7 Developer Edition on the same machine.
    My current 12.5 $SYBASE is /opt/sybase. I created folder: /opt/sybase15 to hold the 15.7 installation. Downloaded Dev soft, untar-ed within /opt/sybase15, and ran setup.bin. I installed 15.7 into /opt/sybase15, gave it a name different from the old 12.5 server, installed master and other databases in the process, and “successfully created” my 15.7 server.
    My folder structure: under /opt/sybase15 : ASE-15_0, interfaces, SCC-3_2, OCS-15_0, SYBASE.env, SYBASE.csh, SYBASE.sh and other.

Here is the problem part:
    I run isql to connect to the database. I get CT-LIBRARY error: ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer error: Requested server name not found.
    I run “echo $SYBASE” and “env” and I see that my environment still points to the old 12.5 installation.
    I run “. SYBASE.sh”, check my env – it still points to 12.5. I run source SYBASE.sh, check my env – still points to 12.5 and old 12.5 $SYBASE path. The shell script doesn’t do anything. I open the script and run it line by line – it fixes my environment variables and I can connect using isql to the database.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Provided Answers: 1
    Hi,

What shell are you runnig it?

Probably not the same shell, to set the exports on the current shell you have, try:
    . ./SYBASE.sh

Provided Answers: 1
    Since you didn't specify a path to SYBASE.sh it will use the first one in your path
    Specifying the path should solve your problem e.g.
    . ./SYBASE.sh

It worked!!!
    . ./SYBASE.sh worked

Thank you thank you both!

It worked!

. ./SYBASE.sh worked

Thank you thank you both!