Unanswered: Usage of SYSIBMADM.SNAPDB in DB2 LUW 9.7

Hi,

Any idea in what instances the value of column DB_CONN_TIME in SYSIBMADM.SNAPDB changes?

I guess if we do a deactivate and then an activate db, then that will change it. I don't think a quiesce and unquiesce will change it, or does it?

We have this timestamp changing once a day for last few days resetting some of the statistics I am trying to collect. It wasn't changing every day 2 weeks back. Not sure why its changing now everyday.

Any tip is appreciated.

Regards,
    Amar

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi

activate/deactivate and quiesce/unquiesce commands shouldn't change the db_conn_time element of an active database.
    Probably something or somebody started to deactivate your database every day for some reason. Try to find some evidences of that in the db2diag.log...
    Regards,
    Mark.

Hi Mark,

Around that time the only thing I find in db2diag is a Quiesce done on db. DIdn't think that could change the db_conn_time.

Regards,
    Amar

Provided Answers: 55
    Hi Amar,

Actually I did a mistake when I said that the 'quiesce db' command shouldn't change this element.
    The 'quiesce db' command forces off all connection except the issuer's one.
    If the database was not explicitly activated before (by an 'activate db' command) and you reset this connection which issued the 'quiesce db' afterwards, then the database gets deactivated since there are no connections in the database at this moment.
    Regards,
    Mark.