Unanswered: Access Combo Box Dropdown showing blanks

This is my first post so I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I have a question about Access 2007 and a combo box drop down on a form that lists names of managers.

This dropdown is referencing a table and has been working great for months. I just updated the table to refresh current employees and managers. I pasted this new table from excel in the exact same format as the working version had. In the past, the combo box drop down listed all managers in order with no blanks but when I pasted in the new data, there are numerous blank spaces in the drop down between each manager. I didn't change any of the settings in the table, just deleted the old records and pasted new records in. I tried clearing all formats from the empty cells in excel before pasting in but that didn't seem to work. Any advice? Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    First check the contents of the source table. How many managers in it vs how many rows. Then check the RowSource property of the combo and also its ColumnCount property. Are both coherent towards each other? Access cannot invent rows that do not exist, so the "blank' lines in the combo must come from somewhere.

In the future, you'd better use the import wizard to refresh the data from Excel, rather than use a copy/paste mechanism, at least you would know what precisely you import and in which format.
    Have a nice day!

There are 17 managers and 152 records. The managers are listed in the 8th column over at the top in the first 17 records and then there are blank spaces below for the remaining records as other columns in the table list employees, employee numbers, etc to make up the 152 records. It makes sense to me that these blanks showing up in the drop down are probably the remaining blank cells after the last manager but this is the same format as the previous table before I pasted in new data.

The form's dropdown filters for the manager and then there is a button on the form that generates a report with all the employees that roll up to the manager you filter for.

I checked the row source property and columncount property and they are both the same as the previous version that was working. Everything seems to be in the same format (unless I'm not looking somewhere else in design view?), the only difference is the new data going into the table. Does this help clarify my issue at all?

Thanks.

Provided Answers: 14
    If, for any reason, you need to keep the 152 rows in the table, change the RowSource property of the combo to something like:
    Code:
    SELECT [Manager] FROM TableName WHERE Len(Nz([Manager], '') > 0;
    Or, if the content of the column is Null in the "blank" rows:
    Code:
    SELECT [Manager] FROM TableName WHERE [Manager] Is Not Null;
    Have a nice day!